Today, I want to share a few of the personal strategies that have made an immediate impact on both my professional and personal lives. From the tactical to the intangible, there are plenty of small changes and pivots you can make to see real growth.
- You get one day to wallow. Whatever happens or has happened to you, whether it makes you upset, angry, or some concoction of negative emotions, you get exactly 24 hours before you need to start searching for a solution.
- Develop a routine. Having a set series of things you do every day helps keep your business, mind, and body running smoothly. It can help you gear up for a big day, brainstorm, or clear your head.
- Be kind to yourself. You may be doing something you’ve never done before, facing challenges you haven’t seen yet, or overcoming a difficult hurdle. Offer yourself some grace.
- Set achievable goals and take breaks. Consider blocking your goals out in chunks. Start small and get the little things done — they add up.
- Write everything down. Every random thought, idea, question, or answer that pops into your head should go down on paper of some sort.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Believe or not, there is probably someone out there who can do something better than you — and that’s okay.
What strategies do you put to use every day?